At the Party with the Chemists
One day, all of the world's famous chemists decided to get together for a
tea party. Fortunately, the doorman was a student, able to observe some of
Submitted by Ken Hargreaves and the Science Staff at Merewether High School in Newcastle Australia
- Mendeleev arranged the table.
- Democritus considered it unthinkable that he should not cut the cake.
- Berzelius thought it was a symbolic occasion.
- Kekule couldn't stop dancing around in circles.
- All the females ended up knowing where to ring for Amadeo Avogadro (you work this out!)
- Becquerel simply glowed.
- Kelvin was a cold fish at the party.
- Priestly was dephlogisticated.
- The more Lavoisier ate, the heavier he became.
- The more cakes Le Chatelier ate, the more appeared on the table.
- Gay-Lussac was ejected from the party as he had a problem with gases.
- Arrhenius dissociated himself from the whole affair.
Any further party ideas? Help us grow this list ... send your idea to: click here to contact us
Our server costs have gone up and our advertising revenue has gone down. You do the math! If you find our site useful, consider donating to keep us going. Thanks!
'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.'