At the Party with the Chemists
One day, all of the world's famous chemists decided to get together for a
tea party. Fortunately, the doorman was a student, able to observe some of
Submitted by Ken Hargreaves and the Science Staff at Merewether High School in Newcastle Australia
- Mendeleev arranged the table.
- Democritus considered it unthinkable that he should not cut the cake.
- Berzelius thought it was a symbolic occasion.
- Kekule couldn't stop dancing around in circles.
- All the females ended up knowing where to ring for Amadeo Avogadro (you work this out!)
- Becquerel simply glowed.
- Kelvin was a cold fish at the party.
- Priestly was dephlogisticated.
- The more Lavoisier ate, the heavier he became.
- The more cakes Le Chatelier ate, the more appeared on the table.
- Gay-Lussac was ejected from the party as he had a problem with gases.
- Arrhenius dissociated himself from the whole affair.
Any further party ideas? Help us grow this list ... send your idea to: click here to contact us